8 thoughts on “An Interlude with ACRL

• July 5, 2006 at 1:39 pm

OUCH! I can’t watch more than about 30 seconds of that without fearing that my degree isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on!

• July 5, 2006 at 1:45 pm

I had read what amounted to some edited transcripts of these event-lets but that didn’t quite convey the awfulness. I’m surprised there wasn’t more spontaneous vomiting amongst the audience members.

• July 5, 2006 at 2:05 pm

Like Ranger, I had seen some bits of transcript, but watching that was painful, and I am an Instruction Librarian (i.e. not above using “cheese” if it suits my needs). I think you just trained me to stay way from sessions like that. And how much did people pay to attend that inanity? Best, and keep on blogging.

• July 5, 2006 at 3:57 pm

I commented on your posts and on the whole “debate” approach to programs here… [Too long to post as a direct comment.] A note to Angel: Nobody paid to attend that inanity; we pay for overall registration, which provides cover for programs to be well or badly done. And there are always some of each.

• July 5, 2006 at 4:15 pm

Walt’s post on this brings up some good points so you should all go read it. Go on.

• July 5, 2006 at 9:10 pm

Oh, Karen. That is priceless.

• July 6, 2006 at 10:09 am

There’s a place for goofball, even at professional conferences. JCDL introduced its poster sessions with “One Minute Madness,” in which each presenter had the proverbial one minute to talk about his/her poster — and yes, folks were air-horned off the stage if they went long.

It was awesome, at the end of a very long day. A few attempted jokes fell flat, sure — but then the next presenter came on, and it was all good. It also fulfilled a function; I certainly looked up a few posters I wouldn’t have otherwise.

I’m with eprahs. 30 seconds, and I closed the browser tab. Yeek.