Wum’s Day

Oh, dear heavens! I just realized I have not looked at this happy space for a week. A whole week! Please excuse my absence. I have been, you know, helping people find stuff and watching Firefly episodes over and over.

Please do not flog me.

First off, Happy Birthday to the best little sister ever.

Bookslut has a nice rundown of Comic-Con 2005, which I read quickly, but no Whedon or Firefly. It is still a good nerdy read.

Thanks to Karen, I have found a new blog to read: Language Log.

Sorry for the hodgepodge, but it is almost time to leave and my brain hurts. You are warned. Randomness ensues. This has been filtering its way through blogs. I do not think paper books will ever be completely replaced, though I would admit that they may be less widely used in the future. (link from Jessamyn)

Random disrespectful and sarcastic post regarding Texas politics and education. (language is not work safe) We have to laugh at the stupid people, otherwise we would go crazy. Hey, I live here so I figure I get first dibs.

–Jane, time to go

6 thoughts on “Wum’s Day

• August 2, 2005 at 6:16 pm

They’re very blurry, but Drew’s pics from ComicCon’s Serenity panel are here.

• August 3, 2005 at 3:01 am

Good to have you back in the blogosphere.

I agree that paper books won’t be replaced entirely. I know for a fact that you’re not the only person who loves the way books smell. Besides, there’s something unique about reading a *real* book; I can never get into the e-book thing.

Keep posting. And thanks for the link to Language Log.

• August 3, 2005 at 9:29 am

What is going on with Jewel’s skirt in that one pic?

• August 3, 2005 at 10:38 am

If it’s the one I think it is, Drew told me that Joss announced each cast member separately, and introduced them, then sat down to begin the panel.

Except he forgot Jewel Staite. So he crawled on his knees over to the side of the stage to beg her forgiveness for forgetting her.

Other than that, her skirt’s just quite short. 🙂

• August 3, 2005 at 1:00 pm

Jenica, Thanks for the pictures. It just makes me wish I was there even more.

• August 3, 2005 at 3:31 pm

I chose not to go on vacation with Drew and his friend Rob… boys, california, don’t need me.

Then I found out that they were going to spend 3 days at ComicCon, and got really irritable that I’d said “no” to the trip.

Ah, well. Some other time.