Except for Bunnies

I just called Fry’s, the mecca of all things geek to ask if they had iPod accessories (I need a cable for my Shuffle) and I had the following conversation:

Lady: Hello, this is Fry’s can I help you?

Me: I have an iPod Shuffle and I was wondering if you carry the docking station for it or the flexible USB dock?

Lady: For what?

Me: An iPod Shuffle.

Lady: An iPod what?

Me: Shuffle.

Lady: Is that like a computer?

Me: No, it is an MP3 player.

Lady: A radio?

Me: No, not quite. It is a little device that plays audio files from the computer. It is little and fits in your hand.

Lady: Ok, hold on.

At this point I am put on hold for awhiiiiiiile. Then a man answers and I repeat my original question. He knows exactly what I am talking about and takes my number to check the shelf.

Now, I ask you, gentle readers, even if I was not calling the Mecca of Geek, what kind of hole must you live in where you would not know the word iPod or MP3? Seriously. I want to know where this hole is so I can go and spread the geek love.

–Jane, some things are not explainable

10 thoughts on “Except for Bunnies

• February 7, 2006 at 12:09 pm

My mind went to the bad place when I envisioned you spreading something in someone’s hole.

Bad Ranger, bad!

• February 7, 2006 at 12:17 pm

Bad indeed. Do you perchance know the bunny reference?

Anyone? I am actually curious this time to see if anyone else is as random as I.

• February 7, 2006 at 12:57 pm

My guess is that it is some how related to Buffy.

Shame on Fry’s for hiring that woman. Seriously, how did she get the job. I’ll take her job part time if it means that I can get an employee discount.

• February 7, 2006 at 3:12 pm

I can’t wrap my mind around that one, how could you get a job at Fry’s and not know what an iPod is?

• February 7, 2006 at 3:36 pm

Yes, Mr. R. It is Buffy. But why bunnies? C’mon. I know at least two people within shouting range that should be able to answer this.

Actually, I just want to turn this blog into a trivia fest.

• February 8, 2006 at 1:49 am

Anya is afraid of nothing!

• February 8, 2006 at 8:45 am

Yeah, Anya. Man, I always thought it was hilarious that she could only produce bunnies from her spells.

Thank you for proving to me that I am not the only geek out there.

• February 10, 2006 at 2:24 pm

I still don’t get what Anya and her fear of bunnies has anything to do with this post. What am I missing?