I have been in a bit of a haze for the past week and a half, due to various circumstances, and thus am just now catching up with my feeds which have spiraled out of control. I also, pleasantly, found that I was tagged by K.G. Schneider at FRL. (update: Looks like Walt Crawford tagged me too. I am feeling quite loved!) Without further ado:
Four jobs I have had in my life:
- Grocery store cashier
- Weaving and Stitchery counselor at an all girls summer camp – the best and worst summer of my life
- Bookseller at Barnes and Noble – I have never been treated so badly by complete strangers in my life, but otherwise a great a job
- Shelver – I shelved mostly children’s books and, yuck!, after a cart of those babies, your hands were black
Four Movies I could watch over and over:
- Pride and Prejudice – the good one with Colin Firth… Mmmmm, Colin. When I was in grad school, I watched this movie every day for about two months. I could not make details this pitiful up. This version is 5 hours long!
- Ever After – I’m a girl and I have hormones.
- Serenity – you knew it was going to be on here
- Dead Poets Society – my first favorite movie ever
Four places I’ve lived:
- The Woodlands, TX
- College Station, TX
- Irving, TX
- League City, TX
(anyone see a pattern here? Get me out!)
Four TV shows I love to watch:
I am going to go with current shows here, even though many of my favorites are all canceled.
- Family Guy
- Gilmore Girls
Four websites I visit daily:
Four places I have been on vacation:
- Bacharach, Germany
- London, England
- Leadville, Colorado
- Natural Bridge, Virginia
Four of my favorite foods:
(really? just 4?)
- Gyros – seriously, I think there is crack in the meat, because I could eat this stuff all day
Four places I’d rather be:
- Colorado – have you ever gone to a place and it just felt like you belonged there? I feel that way about mountains. They fill me with the most amazing sense of peace, like my soul has always rested there, my body just did not realize it.
- Scotland – Mr. Rochester is letting me usurp our honeymoon to take the vacation of my dreams. I am in love with Scotland and I can not wait to see it. My only explanation for this infatuation is too many romance novels in high school.
- On the couch with hot tea and a book – when is this ever not the case?
- Germany – I have been there once, but I missed the beer the moment I landed in Houston
Four Albums I can’t live without:
- Once More, With Feeling cast album – because sometimes you have to sing out loud and laugh
- Somewhere More Familiar, Sister Hazel
- Back in the U.S. Live 2002, Paul McCartney – This was the most amazing thing I have ever seen on stage. Every time Paul would begin a new song, I felt like bursting into tears, all those songs I never thought I would ever hear live flowing through my skin.
- Hymns, Kate Minor – Because sometimes I need to remember why I am here
Four Vehicles I’ve Owned:
- 1987 Honda Prelude – red with a sun roof and still my favorite car
- 1999 Pontic Grand Am – the largest pile of crap I have ever driven, ever
- 2002 Chevy Blazer – My current ride, soon to be upgraded to something larger because of the massive dog
- (I have only owned three so here is my dream car) A Cooper Mini – so cute, so small, so imparactical for my lifestyle
Four people I am tagging: all friends, three of them have the misfortune to work with me