“We Told You What to Dream”

Yesterday was one of those days that started out great and became a swirling hole of poo. It did redeem itself later, but damn. Damn.

When the system fails you, it fails you. We came out ok, though I was very disappointed. The thing about big organizations is that there is always more red tape then you expect and in places you do not foresee. It is a very good thing that I am a committed member to my chosen organization – I am here to overcome, to change, and to improve. It is the path of the young.
Fortunately for me, I am in a trifecta of smartness and we have big plans for our future. Stay tuned.

–Jane, Welcome to the machine.

6 thoughts on ““We Told You What to Dream”

• January 23, 2007 at 10:37 am

Yup, we old fogies aren’t interested in changing, improving or overcoming. Not at all.

• January 23, 2007 at 10:51 am

That comment had more to do with the situation than an actual belief that only young people are innovative.

I know plenty of innovative people who are older then me. Sorry for the confusion. I was purposefully vague.

• January 23, 2007 at 11:34 am

I wanna be part of a Trifecta of Smartness, which is clearly the best title ever. Sorry for the frustrations, glad you’re not giving up.

• January 23, 2007 at 3:00 pm

I’m glad to hear that because it did seem a bit ageist. Hell, I know lots of young stick-in-the-muds!

One thing about being young, though, you can outrun the oldsters!

• January 23, 2007 at 4:18 pm

Sorry about the poo. You are the second trusted source I’ve heard this from. I wonder if it is possible to share your specific concerns with some of your elders…

• January 30, 2007 at 10:10 pm

But Monday morning was soo good & I even wrote you in as one of those “things that makes LITA great” at the Town meeting. (and you nerfed me on flickr for it, too)

What did I miss?! (reply to the email if you prefer to keep the guilty publicly blameless)

-Aaron the Librarian